Monday 2 April 2012

Blood Test's & Early Scan

So last week i was in some pain, and went to a&e. They did a pregnancy test on me even though at this point i had already done 5 tests lol as i sat there waiting for her to do the dip test i was hoping god i hope im not wrong or im gunna look soo stupid lol
As she pulled out the test to do i watched her dip it in and after maybe 30 seconds have a worried look on  her face she looked and said are you sure your pregnant? to which i just said "its negative isnt it?" and she replied Yes it is..... To be honest i dont know how i didnt burst into tears! i could feel this massive lump in my throat as i watched her go to throw the test in the bin.. then she said suddenly "OH WAIT its positive these tests are rubbish!!!!!" the sigh of relief was overwhelming and then i thought if i was getting positives why did this take so long to become negative!! talk about worry me more then was needed!

Eventually they sent me up for an early scan.. which i thought would put my mind at rest... after waiting over 6 hours to finally be seen i saw the lady who finally done my scan to be told there was nothing there :'( i was GUTTED a big part of me thought.. id lost it :( she told me to go down for a blood test and then go back on Friday for another test to see if my hormone levels had risen...

As i went for my blood test i was just thinking just go home, you've lost it anyway why go through more pain for nothing :(  but they called me through and i had the blood test and moaned like a baby (i hate needles) and they said they would call me monday with the results!!  Lets hope and pray all was okay!!!


MONDAY!

So i woke up this morning to a phone call at 8.15am to an Unknown number could this be the hospital i thought!
I answer to hear "hello, We have your blood results back they have doubled thats a good sign could you come today for a scan at 11.45am" they also said that my hormone levels where 500 on wednesday when i was 4 weeks and 4 days and 1,300 on friday at 4 weeks and 6 days :D...  i agreed to go and started getting ready to leave.. panicking is this a good sign they want to see me?
As i watched the clock seem to not move i thought bugger it im leaving now at half ten an hour and 15 minutes early :D I got there and signed in nearly an hour early. I had both my little girls with me who sat so well waiting for them to call me into the scan room. Then all of sudden a nurse said Scarlett come in now... I got up and went in and she gave me a blanket and told me to go to the toilet and changed from the waist down and cover myself in the blanket.. as i got changed in the toilets i sat there thinking GOD i hope this goes well!!
I came out wrapped in my towel and look at this massive chair with feet holders in them i sat down and hoped she would find something before i new it she was scanning me and i could not help but stare at her face and watch for the expressions on her face to see what she could see. She raised her eyebrows and i thought .. Nah its time to except that i might not be pregnant..... she looked and said well theres the sac and yolk and the embryo....:D:D:D:D:D i said REALLY??? she said one moment and ill turn the screen.. she then turned the screen and i could see a tiny baby she showed me everything and was like everything looks brilliant the baby is in the perfect position in the uterus smack bang in the middle!!! :D
Then she stopped and said im happy with that now if you wanna go into the bathroom and get changed we can talk about the result!!

As i was in the bathroom i could have easily cried i could feel myself welling up and i just stood there with my hand on my belly thinking wow your actually in there :D.. I came out and she handed me a letter for the GP and then told me that i had to come back in 2 weeks for another scan to see if babies heart was ready as at the moment there is still no heart beat as its still very early and babies heart doesnt start until 6-7 weeks of pregnancy. So i have another scan 16th April im so excited to see it :D as i came out of the hospital curiosity got the better of me and i opened the letter for the gp and it said


Which is good everything can be seen.. other then the heartbeat but he is working on it in there :D

Im feeling so much better about it all... i know baby is growing fine.. I wanna tell the world but know i shouldnt until i know heartbeats okay :D and baby is growing well....

So lets hope he doubles in size by the 16th :D xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment